Reduce Stress, Increase Production, Run on Time!
Program Overview: Running consistently on time doesn’t happen by accident! The JdSG’s Rock/Sand/Water Method brings order and structure to a dental practice which embraces scheduling with logic and commitment to outstanding practice/patient communication. Jenny’s one day program delivers a road map to allow a practice to take back control of their schedule and day.
Promised Outcomes: Attendees learn techniques to handle major scheduling issues: Emergencies, No Shows, Cancel Short Notice, late patients, practice runs late. Requests for end of day and after school appointments. Take a pro-active approach to scheduling reduces stress, eliminate surprises, increase production and customer satisfaction. Harness clinical staffs’ expertise to enhance a team approach to scheduling needs.
Ideal Scheduling Strategies
1. Design your ‘Ideal’ Day: how to adjust it for each Doctor’s specific needs and practice location.
2. 25 benefits of the Morning Meeting: Solve daily scheduling problems—before they happen!
3. Schedule appointments to a PLAN, eliminates high/low production days. Jenny calls them ‘zoo days!’
4. Software scheduling: be sure your program supports and does not sabotage your scheduling goals and needs
The JdSG’s Continuing Care Program
1. Customization encourages 85% of patients to commit to pre-booking hygiene. Protect practice growth and stability
2. Build in scheduling flexibility in hygiene for new and perio patients-a must for a balanced hygiene department
3. Educate patients re need to think outside the twice a year insurance limitation
4. Integrate Dr.’s hygiene check-off so Doctor and RDH both stay on time.
Eliminate Scheduling Obstacles – So Issues Don’t Keep Happening!
1. 8 rules to schedule emergencies: deliver outstanding patient service and stay in control.
2. Techniques to save a large % of ‘Cancel on Short Notice’ appointments.
3. Schedule Dr.’s phone calls to maximize production and minimize appointment interruptions.
4. Late patients: Educate them to benefits of elevating their time management habits
5. Patients demanding end of day or after school appointments -education is the key to create flexibility
6. Techniques to get back ‘on time’ when the practice is running late.
7. Confirmation calls/texts increase No Shows! JdSG Method delivers more patients for their appointments with less work!
Harness the Clinical Team’s Expertise to Solve Major Scheduling Issues and Keep Things Moving!
1. Seat and release patients so clinical and management team work seamlessly as a team
2. Timely record keeping is a must to ensure your software (and charts) show the same details
3. Chairside scheduling delivers total appointment customization-and eliminates the front desk crush.
4. Clinical staff key to solving scheduling issues when patients come late, early, no shows, walk-in, etc.
5. When Dr. completes more dentistry than planned—how the clinical team can save the day.
6. Pros and cons of having clinical staff ‘work at the front desk’ as part of their job description
Lourdes Abiog DMD
at Santa Clara County Dental Society Program, March 2019
This scheduling program is the first seminar/lecture I have ever been to that I did not feel sleepy-even for one second. Very informative and tons of information.